James Kalbach's relatively new book 'Designing Web Navigation'
includes this kind of information. It also summarizes the latest
navigation research in areas like genre and transitional volatility,
state of the art stuff.

http://experiencinginformation.wordpress.com/designing-web-navigation-the-book/

Victor