1 on Jared's post.  He's hit the nail on the head in my view.

One thing to add to that.  My current domain, computer networks, is
facing significant pressure from product commoditisation in the low
cost segments from Taiwanese vendors producing me-too products.  My
challenge is to differentiate our products on marketable 'ease of
use'.

The difficulty of the task is compounded with the usual Marketing
driven push to cram more high end features in to the devices destined
for the low end of the market.  Make it more complex, make it
easier... more of everything is better!

Nothing new there, however I make a counter argument for avoiding
'too easy' on all features as lowering the barrier to those without
domain expertise will eventually result in support calls.  Its a
balancing act and a moving target.  As networks become more
pervasive, baseline domain expertise increases and the once 'do not
touch on pain of death' features become easified.  I do not see this
as a phenomenon specific to my domain.

Jared also talked about the reduction in domain complexity making
craftspersons redundant...

At the high end of the market we have craftspeople with Cisco
Certifications who command very healthy salaries. There is absolutely
no pressure from that userbase to make the interfaces easier, it
erodes their value-add among a number of other factors.

However, this is where the beauty of the Market comes in to play,
where there is cost.. there is opportunity to reduce it. I know of a
couple of startups who are working on intelligent platforms that will
actively manage networks.  Leading to a deflation in the cisco
certified job market.

Point being, a lack of development in ease of use in a specific
interface, be that networks or Photoshop, will not hinder market
forces which seek to erode the margins commanded by craftspersons.

Typical bell curve - long tail stuff.  YMMV