On May 14, 2008, at 7:28 AM, Kris Kinlen wrote:

The focus is more on the "cover my ass" side of things rather than
actually using software to help perform procedures. There are all kinds
of information that has to be documented and charted during/after a
procedure is performed and many doctors are looking to improve
productivity and profitability so they look to software.

Can you give an example or two of the type of procedure documentation required?

I'm wondering why a non-interactive audiovisual record wouldn't fill the bill. (Like the no-doubt-fascinating-to-surgical-interns knee reconstruction videos that keep popping up on the University of Washington cable channel).

Why impose the additional workload of managing the data collection system on the *most critical personnel* in the process?

It's quite cheap (financially and technically) to add massive-but-dumb data collection functionality to an already-wired venue like the modern surgical theater. Grab the entire event as fine-grained raw data and emulate Google to find the interesting bits. Or let your pet intern do that for you. (Oh ... wait ... that last bit isn't monetizable. Forget I said that.)

-Will

Will Parker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]