> We'll have to see the curriculum. If the faculty is made up of mostly
>> designers and tactical practitioners, and there is little to no Cog Sci or
>> HCI, then I would argue that it is less MFA in Interaction Design, and
>> more
>> MFA in Interactive/Interface Design.

Great point. I don't see anyone on that list with a Psych or HCI background
(that I'm aware of, anyway)—they're all designers and coders.

But hey, less-than-thorough curriculum is not the only problem with school
faculties. I know someone who teaches Flash classes at SVA that wouldn't
qualify for a job as a commercial Flash developer. He can run his own
company and get clients, sure, but he'd never get past the interviews I used
to run. I've also met many AI graduates who walked away with a diploma and
no idea how to use FTP. (Professors with out-of-date knowledge is a very
common problem—though, that's obviously not the case for this new MFA.)

-r-