Amen! This is what I hoped for when I said we could and should advise on we
think would be good for the profession.

A couple of additions to the Dan's Grad Program:

Electives:

Introduction to Marketing and Branding
Philosophy of Interaction Design from Heidegger to Benjamin to Bahktin
Introduction to Linguistics and Semiotics
Critical Theory - Formalism to Post-Structuralism
Business Process Management

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Dan Saffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2008, at 5:54 AM, Adam Connor wrote:
>
>  I think it would be great if IxDA came up with a proposed curriculum that
>> could be used by schools to build new offerings in the IxD field.
>>

> As a thought experiment, here are my dream courses for undergrad and grad
> (Master's):
>
> UNDERGRADUATE
>
> Year 1:
> Sketching and Modeling
> Introduction to Typography
> Industrial Design Fundamentals
> Introduction to Programming
> Writing Fundamentals
>
> Year 2:
> Intermediate Industrial Design
> Intermediate Typography
> Information Design and Visualization
> Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
> Design History
>
> Year 3:
> Design Research
> Digital Prototyping
> Physical Computing
> Design Theory
> Interface Design
>
> Year 4:
> Senior Project
> Studio: Projects with New Technology
> Advanced Topics (CD, ID, CS, Psychology, Anthropology)
> Current Topics in IxD
> Documenting Systems
>
> Ideally, there would be a mix of humanities classes in here as well.
>

> GRADUATE
>
> Year 1:
> Refresher Courses (sampler as per undergrad courses)
> Design Theory
> Design Strategy
> Design Research Analysis
> Business Fundamentals
>
> Year 2:
> Master's Thesis
> Master's Project
> Design Management
> Advanced Topics (CD, ID, CS, Psychology, Anthropology)
> Current Topics in IxD
>

> What's your list?
>
> Dan
>

> Dan Saffer, M.Des., IDSA
> Experience Design Director, Adaptive Path
> http://www.adaptivepath.com
> http://www.odannyboy.com

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"