maybe we are passing in the night here...

I thought you were saying that b/c Dan & I were including courses
like type or graphic design theory, that that meant IxD is a holistic
design discipline like the way you seem to use "Interface design".
Assuming I got that right. I was countering you perspective of my POV
as becoming more online with your own by stating that just b/c the
course of study requires adjacent material doesn't mean that the
discipline itself doesn't at it core have a distinctiveness of its
own.

I think I another part of this thread I compared this to the
requirement of taking psych, linguistics & stats in order to major
I'm anthropology.

I then tries to say that I can see a relationship between interface &
interaction where they are both parent & child of each other from
different POVs, that change over time and from different practices &
experiences. There is also the possibility of a trans hierarchical
relationship as well.

I still see that anterface design CAN be defined as distinct from IxD
and how that distinctiveness can either be parental or sibling.

- dave

Posted from ixda.org (via iPhone)