Yes, it sounds to me too that marketing should know a lot about persuasion.
Of course, they may not know very well how to translate their knowledge into
a web page design. Maybe this is where close collaboration helps - they know
more about persuasion, we know better how to translate it into the design.
Does that make sense?

Sebi

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Robert Hoekman Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, I design these things, and I'm confident in my ability to do it well,
> so why am I asking if I think persuasive elements should be left to
> Marketing? Well, because it seems like — and maybe I'm just dead wrong —
> that marketers would/should know more about persuasion than IxDs. I mean,
> their whole careers are about persuading people to do things they may or
> may
> not realize they want to do, right? So it seems like they would need to be
> masterful persuaders to succeed.
>
> -r-

Sergiu Sebastian Tauciuc
http://www.sergiutauciuc.ro/en/