Dear All,
Since many people have requested us to extend the date for paper  submission,
USID2008 conference team has decided to extend the date of SUBMISSION to 10th
August, 2008 and accordingly we are also extending the REGISTRATION date to
31st July, 2008 to honour the request. The people who have already registered
for the same can visit www.usidfoundation.org/usid2008/papers to check their
registration numbers.
We would like to inform everyone that we will not be able to extend the dates
any further to enable the review process. Therefor please ensure that the
submission must be completed before or on 10th August, 2008. No papers will be
excepted after 10th August, 2008.

 Following is the details of the Call for Papers

USID2008 Call for Papers

The advancement in communication and internet technology are affecting our life
at work as well as at home. Complex social structures are evolving as a
consequence of greater mobility, online social networks and virtual
communities.

There is a need to think about the challenges and opportunities this
advancement is bringing to interface/interaction styles & design and in
creating the entire value chain that impacts the overall socio-cultural &
socio-economic development of our society.

Professionals, Academicians, Researchers and Students are invited to submit
papers addressing various design issues and insights on any of the listed
theme:

THEMES

User Interface design for online social networks and virtual communities
User Interface design and evaluation issues for small screen devices (Mobile
Entertainment & M-Commerce)
Impact of Interactive technologies on work and social life
Practices and opportunities in User Interface design for eLearning
ELIGIBILITY
Open to the professionals, academicians, researchers and students.
IMPORTANT DATES
Registration: July 31st 2008
Submission: August 10th 2008

The papers short listed by the review panel will be presented during the
USID2008 and all accepted papers will be published in the USID2008 Conference
Proceedings. Teams will be notified of acceptance or rejection the week of
August 25 2008. Authors of selected papers will be expected to attend the
conference in order to present their submissions to other conference attendees.
USID Foundation will also notify the authors through email or phone and also
through post.

For Details and Guidelines etc. visit www.usidfoundation.org/usid2008/papers

For Registration send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with your name,
institution/organization, and the theme.