On Jul 23, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Christian Crumlish wrote:

I also accept that language drifts and even terms of art can change and the "success" of the pattern meme is going to tend to lead to watering it down, but I'm nonetheless going to try to hold the line on this distinction for
now, as I think it's useful.

I completely agree with this line of thinking. I think, as a community, it serves us well to be careful of our language.

I've been fighting a similar battle with personas versus descriptions- of-people-real-or-otherwise because watering the term down doesn't help its usefulness.

I'd like to see more efforts in the community to establish and protect a language we can all use to mean the same things.

Jared

Jared M. Spool
User Interface Engineering
510 Turnpike St., Suite 102, North Andover, MA 01845
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED] p: +1 978 327 5561
http://uie.com  Blog: http://uie.com/brainsparks