Ah, that sounds more reasonable. Perhaps I can wean my clients from the
detailed line item view.
For rates, can't you just assign a default rate to each person and leave the
hourly rate blank for the tasks? (Assuming all tasks are billed at the same
person-rate.)

Michael B. Moore • Pure InfoDesign • 415.246.6690 M • www.pureinfodesign.com