I find Twitter almost worthless... because none of my friends use it.  They
all use Facebook.  This doesn't mean that I will declare Twitter a lost
cause.

Facebook is a pillar of social life in college.  I can see how people from
generations and networks that were only recently opened up to Facebook might
struggle with the service, but it's important to understand that The Book is
so integrated into the social life at universities these days that it's not
going anywhere soon.  The usefulness of a social network to any person is
directly correlated to how much your network uses that service.

The photo tagging feature alone makes it worth it.  I didn't even have a
camera for two years and have hundreds of photos thanks to the tagging.
Sharing photos, posting stories, communicating with friends, planning &
rsvping events, reconnecting with old friends, seeing activity in your
network, using dumb apps - aren't these valid "goals" that people might have
coming to the site?