I think the new front page is completely brilliant. I'm less certain about
the profile page. These two pages are the heart and soul of facebook. The
homepage is more people-centric than ever, and highly engaging and
actionable. The profile page, however, seems to wrested some individual
expression from the user, and that is worth them complaining about.
Self-expression is a powerful need in a social network, and it's what
catpulted MySpace into the seat of power in the first place.