Guillermo,

You asked:
> I would like to hear your opinions on diagrams or methods to
> communicate the steps for ensuring usability in the development
> process

In the latter half of my presentation "StUX - integrating IA deliverables in a
software development methodology" for the IA Summit 2005, I showed several
process diagrams with user-centered design elements in them.

To get an idea about the presentation and to download the PDF version of the
slides, check out the blog posting about it here:
http://www.peterboersma.com/blog/2005/03/my-ia-summit-presentation-stux_10.html
or on the IA Summit site:
http://www.iasummit.org/2005/finalpapers/39_Presentation.pdf
or on slideshare:
http://www.slideshare.net/pboersma/stux-ia-summit-2005-peter-boersma

Peter
--
Peter Boersma | Senior Interaction Designer | Info.nl
http://www.peterboersma.com/blog | http://www.info.nl