On the mobile side, we've found:

1. Fetching is harder than scrolling
2. Different devices can support different sized lists; keep the list
size smaller than the max size for the device (surprise!)
3. Applications can do dynamic loading of lists ... see the Gmail app:
when you get near the bottom of the currently loaded list, the app
fetches more of the list without user interaction. The user just keeps
scrolling down.
4. If breaking a list onto different pages, provide your full
navigation scheme on each page. Be careful with backward navigation;
test with users.

~~~~
Barbara Ballard
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 1-785-838-3003