I don't think it's meaningful at the short of a sampling.

I suspect that there will be a upto quarter lag before some sectors will be
show hit.  Many companies have already allocated budgets for new hires,
which can be a lengthy process, and the ball is in motion regardless of the
financial meltdown this last week.   In addition, not every company was
devastated. Solid businesses with solid savings/investments aren't
particularly limited by the credit crunch as those who rely upon credit.

In times of duress, while shopping may be less, people will be out for a
deal, so it's concievable volume will be higher for lower price escapism,
like video games, beer, soda etc.

Also for some sectors there will be an increased focus on making products
better than the competition in order to survive, so I think that the total
UxD market will be relatively unaffected, though as others have said I
expect the distribution to shift to the freelancers from the big corps, and
that the titles will be in flux more towards the general 'designer
programmer' role again.  There are only so many ways to build great software
but the paths can be mysteries.   Even today what people ask for isn't what
they really want, or need.  Like technically I'm a Flash
programmer/architect/manager, but in meetings what people really want is the
role of IA, UxD, UcD, but there isn't enough business to have one on
fulltime.

Troy.