On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 17:32:49 -0400, Paul wrote:

>You would. And the distinct context would justify your change. So in fact it
>IS consistent, just not the same.

Paul, I think we're agreeing in practice, but forgive my quibble. I
think there are times when in fact there is no consistency in a
meaningful sense. The colours may be different, positioning,
terminology, all may be different. Yet, in context, it makes sense and
works for the users..

The only consistency is that it works, which isn't how most people I
talk to interpret 'consistency'.

*    Nick Gassman - Usability and Standards Manager - http://ba.com *