Actually....

Terms and conditions are complex and in the USA, states generally follow the
UCC, the Uniform Commercial Code, which generally harmonizes all the
different laws into one that is complex, but can be used across state
borders and one that lawyers recognize across the USA.  So, complex terms
and conditions are that way partly because of the many slightly different
state (and international laws).

Chauncey