This may be because of the fact that when you login to Yahoo! Mail, you also automatically login to the Messenger service included within Yahoo! mail.

What you can do is login in again to your Yahoo! Messenger. Once you login using your messenger, it will auto close your web messenger session. But you will still be logged in to Yahoo! Mail.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Aadesh Mistry

Alethea Woo wrote:
I fail to use Yahoo Messenger and Yahoo Email simultaneously. The problem may
due to that I can chat via Yahoo Email as a simplified version of Yahoo
Messenger.

The scenario is as below:
I was chatting in Yahoo Messenger, which suddenly gave a reminder that Yahoo
Email received a new letter. Then I start Yahoo Email so as to check that new
letter. As a result of this behavior, Yahoo Messenger shut down immediately.
Only after I close Yahoo Email, can I start Yahoo Messenger to continue
chatting.

Anyone can solve this problem?

Cordially Alethea Woo User Experience Researcher | TANG Consulting • Innovation For China T:+86 21 61526301 ext. 8015 F:+86 21 61526312 Addr:515-516 Building 3, No.988 Zhenbei Road, Shanghai, 200333, China