I have a screen with a slightly unusual UI.  There is a table of rows
that can be edited in place, but you can also drag and drop the rows,
somewhat in the style of Excel.  You can also drag the rows onto
targets adjacent to the grid.

The question is - how do I give people reasonable visual cues that
drag-and-drop are acceptable actions here?

Given that there are a large number of drop targets, I can't think of
a good design pattern other than drag-drop for this but I'm open to
suggestions on that as well.

Any thoughts?
--Alan