Oh, right - and one more thing -

Perhaps we should have a completely different set of heuristics by which we review and discuss sites clearly designed by a marketing/ advertising agency. We should not use HCI, usability heuristics, best practices or notions of affordance or any other design principle found in the literature and beaten into us by demanding sadist professors.

Think of it as - um - handicapping, fairness doctrine, or simply short- bus special treatment. It's unfair to judge them using the same measuring stick as real UX professionals; it's bad for their self- esteem and we should be sensitive to that. Not all pigs are created equal - some are more unequal than others - certainly the ones prone to putting on more lipstick.

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | w...@semanticfoundry.com
aim: semanticwill
gtalk: semanticwill