If the accordion is part of being different and fancy in navigation
and user interface then are we stating that one should not get fancy
when we complain about the negative impact of accordions? Where does
that leave the user interface or navigation for the same when
technologies are advancing? We then are not moving with the times or
probably not finding correct solutions to understand the usability of
these fancy navigations.

What I would like to see is all of us understand where the users are
behaving on the web and how we are adapting to the new technology
which will only make the user experience far more fruitful.