>>could you point at some references?
Not off hand. I would have to do some digging.

I'm not remembering the term;but, their is one for the sound that
accompanies a character and cues the audience of that characters presence.
Think of the movie JAWS or Friday the 13th. The sound sets the stage for
what is to come. Tension, Chase, Sinister, The Villain has Arrived, beckon
someone or something a certain direction. The Sirens in the book the
Odyssey. My brother in law has Darth Vaders death march for my sisters
ringtone. You know something bad is going to happen.

I did notice the ATM song with multiple people using the machines. I did
just work with a woman showed a demo that used puredata , projectors, and
playlist and an image gallery of memories. Somehow your movement in the 3d
space of the presentation caused certain sounds to trigger with different
images.

If your ever in San Jose they have a pretty hip museum of modern art and
their exhibits usually graze the surface of new media meets artificially
intelligent landscapes.

If something pops up I'll be sure to send it your way.

harmony wheel multi dimensional synchronization...