Hi,

A quick welcome to the close to 10,000 (!) subscribers on this list!

I want to cordially invite you to jump into this discussion group and
introduce yourself. I know there are a ton of ya'all who don't feel
comfortable posting to the whole list, because you feel like your small
voice gets drowned out by some more frequent posters. Now - a week before
the conference - is a great time to say "Hi", introduce yourself to the
list, and engage in some of these threads. While others we may agree or
disagree on particular ideas, WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME TEAM. Your voice
counts.

I also want to reaffirm why we all belong to this list. IxDA is a member
supported organization committed to serving the needs of the international
interaction design community. We provide a forum for the discussion of
interaction design issues. IxDA's mission includes evangelism of our field,
innovation in our discipline, professionalism in our standards of practice,
support for interaction design education in academic programs, and community
building for our growing global community of interaction design
professionals. These initiatives bring us together, and these are places
where your voice can be heard and where you can contribute.

Finally, to quote briefly from the set of guidelines you agreed to when you
joined this list (you can view the whole set of guidelines here -
http://www.ixda.org/about_guidelines.php):

==

We expect professional courtesy from subscribers who actively participate in
discussions. Please refrain from using profanity. Our list administrators do
not tolerate any sort of harassment of list subscribers. Flaming,
name-calling, insults, taunts, or other behaviors that inhibit the free
expression of thought on the Discussion List are cause for the offending
subscriber's being permanently banned from the list.

Our Discussion List exists so members of the interaction design community
can easily communicate with one another. Excessive posting by any one
subscriber tends to inhibit others' participation in the discussion, and it
becomes difficult to maintain a plurality of voices. If an individual
subscriber consistently makes excessive postings to this list (more than 10
messages a day or 50 messages a week) the list administrator will warn that
subscriber. If this pattern of behavior continues, the list administrator
will remove that subscriber from the list.

==

See you in Vancouver.

JK
--