Seems like you are being a bit harsh Jared -- the equipment/tools do not
generate the predictions and bad predictions are often due to poor choice of
tasks, small samples, or lack of background in analysis and interpretation
methods.

I would suggest getting the new Pulse pen by Livescribe (www.livescribe.com)
that allows you to tape record as your take notes.  The software
highlights the association between your audio and your notes so you can do
things like have a symbol for "good quote" and then click on the symbol to
play the exact quote and not the paraphrase that so often happens
when someone talks quickly.  It is $179 at Target in the USA.  At out last
user conference, I had a user draw a sketch using the pen and narrating as
he drew and it was extremely useful.

 Other suggestions might be subscriptions to remote collaboration tools like
GoToMeeting, a good digital camera, and one of the new miniature and
relatively inexpensive video systems that run for about an hour or so and
have only a few buttons.

A good tripod can be useful for documenting your work nicely.

Chauncey