IxDA Waterloo is thrilled to host Scott Berkun on February 25. Scott will be
talking about the ideas in his latest book, "The Myths of Innovation". If
you're anywhere near the area, we'd love for you to join us!

Full details and RSVP instructions on our blog at:

http://tinyurl.com/bn9z9e

EVENT DESCRIPTION

Much of what we know about innovation is wrong. Scott Berkun takes us
through the history of innovation, dispelling the mythologies we¹ve
constructed about how we got here. This talk will help you to recognize the
myths, understand their popularity, and how to use the truth of innovations
past to help you in your work today.

ABOUT SCOTT BERKUN

Scott is an author and public speaker for hire. He worked as a manager at
Microsoft from 1994-2003, on projects including (v1-5 of) Internet Explorer,
Windows and MSN. His work as a writer and public speaker has appeared in The
New York Times, The Washington Post, Wired magazine and on National Public
Radio. He has taught at the University of Washington, blogs for Harvard
Business, and has appeared as an innovation expert on CNBC and MSNBC.

He is the author of two bestselling books, Making Things Happen (formerly
titled The Art of Project Management) and The Myths of Innovation, a book
about the true lessons we can learn from the masters on creativity and
managing innovation. He¹s an excellent speaker for hire, and frequently
performs interactive talks, workshops, and courses for organizations,
conferences and the occasional living room couch.

Scott grew up in Queens NYC, studied design, philosophy and computer science
at Carnegie Mellon University, graduating with a B.S. in Logic and
Computation (¹94). He currently lives somewhere deep in the woods outside of
Seattle, Washington.

----
Robert Barlow-Busch
Waterloo IxDA coordinator