From: discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com
[mailto:discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of mike myles
Sent: 17 February 2009 14:01
To: disc...@ixda.org
Subject: [IxDA Discuss] IxD Greats?

Many of the great architects & industrial designers are known to the general
public. To name a few (in no particular order): Walter Gropius, Frank Lloyd
Wright, Antoni Gaudí, Frank Gehry, Raymond Loewy, Henry Dreyfuss, Charles and
Ray Eames...

Who do we feel are the greats of IxD?

And to follow...

Why are designers of great software less well known than designers of real
world objects?

Is that a problem?

Is there something we could/should be doing to change that?

Or is there simply no software equivalent yet to Falling Water or the Coke
bottle?