Again - I think the importance here is 'intentionality' - Galileo could not possibly think of himself or his work as interaction design but if I ripped open my time machine and presented Englebart with IxD as I understand it, he would jump on board, until he jumped off it again because his real intention was actually augmenting human memory and thinking and had nothing to do with designing behaviors or 15 other definitions of IxD that would be thrown at him. With the term IxD only/less than 7-10 years old - does that mean there are no greats of IxD yet - since it will take another 20 years for it to sink in?

~ will

"Where you innovate, how you innovate,
and what you innovate are design problems"

Will Evans | User Experience Architect
tel: +1.617.281.1281 | w...@semanticfoundry.com
http://blog.semanticfoundry.com
aim: semanticwill