Not to be contrary, but I consider music essential to my process.
There are times for silence and office buzz, but really now...I know how I work.

Weedling through wireframes of familiar sorts, documenting, sketching,
corresponding:
trance (esp. psytrance),  dancey goth-industrial, Mozart, Chopin

Complicated issues:
Tool, Coil, Aphex Twin, Legendary Pink Dots, Psychic TV, Marilyn
Manson, Mussourgsky, Debussy

Getting people out of my office so I can get things done:
Merzbow, Diamanda Galas, Swans...

Scott
--
"I have mad skills at doing spazzy things." - Janiene West