On Mar 1, 2009, at 8:17 AM, Todd Zaki Warfel wrote:

On Mar 1, 2009, at 12:21 AM, Andrei Herasimchuk wrote:

The tools these days by and large are still crap. Further, so many people in this field refuse to learn how to draw or spec type, so I'm not sure how well a survey of the field is going to measure anything useful when building prototypes requires skills that so many people in this field seem to lack in the first place.

Agreed that many of the tools these days are crap. However, that survey did include hand coded HTML and JavaScript.

And most of the people in this field actually have the necessary skills to create prototypes. I see it regularly in my workshops, in the talks I do, in the conversations I have, in the interviews I've done. They might not be able to hand code HTML/CSS/JavaScript, or write C++, but they can create fully effective paper, PPT, Visio, and slap and map (static click throughs), that do a bang up job. And they've had great success with them.

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
President, Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  t...@messagefirst.com
AIM:    twar...@mac.com