I went through a lot of testing to choose Joomla, and of course I've
second-guessed myself many times, so I'd love to hear the reasoning.
Currently the IXDA site doesn't have a lot of functionality, and it
seems that Drupal is very good at doing one thing really well when
you have good programmers, while Joomla tries harder to be all things
to all people. I've notice it seems to reflect a split between
designers versus programmers.