> 1st, I didn't say don't do storyboards. I did say don't do wireframes and
> YES I do teach my students to work in interactive ALL the time.
> Sketch > scenarios/storyboards (that are ALWAYS human situated; more on this
> below) > low-fi interactive > hi-fi interactive

So that means you start with interactive techniques directly, but still
there is a phase where the "look" of what you are building is rather
undefined / abstract.
So Flash, Blend, Fireworks may not be the best choice of tools, right?

I think they focus too much on visual/interactive details, and thus
distract from the goal to quickly create a rough vision of the product.

Besides, imho ALL interaction designers have to learn to code to be able
to produce new visions of interactions on their own, but that's another
story.

--
milan guenther * interaction design

+33 6 67 11 13 83 * www.guenther.cx