I'm considering two different options in grad schools right now.
I'm currently a User Experience Designer working mostly in research
(discoveries and analytics), usability testing, information
architecture and wireframing for websites and web based applications.
I'm interested in developing mobile interfaces, both virtual and
tangible.

I want the perspective of others in the field as well as alumni and
current students about how Berkeley's MIMS program focusing in HCI
http://www.ischool.berkeley.edu/programs/masters may compare to
Carnegie Mellon's MDes in IxD
http://www.design.cmu.edu/show_program.php?s=2&t=3 . Let me know what
 you think, especially the differences in how these programs would
prepare one for a career in HCI/ IxD. Thanks.