"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."

The frustrating thing to me about threads like this in our lovely ecosystem
is that most of us seem to be on the same page, but we misunderstand each
other a lot-- mostly because creative types like to think we are
misunderstood :-).

Judging from past threads, abstract discussions about practices will always
degenerate into an academic discussion.

Call yourself a UX designer, an IA, an IxD, whatever. But know that the
lines are blurry, that UX is an amorphous umbrella for an intersection of
practices, and that there can be other places where these practices can plug
in. Are we really on opposite ends of the universe?

And if we are, paint us a picture of what it would look like, kinda like
Chris Fahey did back there in describing a conference. Then we're
discussing, huffing, and puffing about concrete concepts instead of
thrashing on thought experiments.

- Nasir