In the area of service design in healthcare, quite a bit is being done by
interaction designers including:
- creation of new spaces in which to physically interact e.g. pediatric
suite of the future
- study and design of conversations e.g. facilitating patient-provider
relationships particularly around difficult topics like direct-to-consumer
predictive genomic testing
- design and research of decision aids to help patients and providers
understand risk, probability and make choices together for
treatment/medications

...and the list goes on...