I agree with what Dave is saying.

But I also believe that the vast majority of people aren't as
competent as Dave. And the sublimely competent often imagine others
to be as competent as they are. Or at least a great deal more
competent than they really are.

It is very hard to be an expert at one thing, let alone more than
one. A few people can be experts at many things. More common is being
useful at many things. (A Jack of all Trades)

At the end of the day I think Dave and I are saying the same thing.
Be what you are! Don't dwell on a title!

But you should listen to beetlejuice. He is wise.