Hi folks,

Firstly, a reminder that today is the last day for potential vendors
to submit questions about the RFP. We aim to post answers to all
questions we receive by May 31st at the http://board.ixda.org blog.

To respond to a couple folks here poking at our rationale for
selecting Drupal, here's what I wrote earlier on that blog:

"We evaluated a range of content-management systems, both hosted and
unhosted, proprietary and open-source, and kept returning to Drupal
for a number of reasons. We love that it's an open-source system,
representing a philosophy akin to our own "un-organization". We
appreciate that it has a large developer community, comprising
professionals who can help us make our vision into reality. We also
like that it has many existing modules to serve our needs along with
great capability to be extended. Additionally, we have IxDA members
on our team with the capability to design and build at least several
key planks of our new online home."

So, we know it's clunky and challenging to use -- we're all
watching the redesign for Drupal 7 by Leisa Reichelt & Mark Boulton
with a lot of interest. Nevertheless, it has a range of strong
positives that make us comfortable with continuing to pursue this
solution. Additionally, there's nothing preventing our future
website to consist of a Drupal foundation with additional features &
services built using alternate technologies.

Cheers,
Liz