On Jun 18, 2009, at 4:58 AM, Todd Zaki Warfel wrote:

It would be wonderful to actually discuss the product's design rather than the business model. This is the last I'll bother discussing the business model instead of the design of the product.

Business model IS part of Design.

I didn't say it wasn't. I was trying to say I thought the product's deign itself was far more compelling a discussion than the business model, since the biz model in this particular instance is something largely tied to Shaun's personal decisions about how he wants to work. If you don't know Shaun, he's more comfortable working solo, and is more than happy with his modest -- yet very successful --lifestyle living out in Tennessee, where the pace is a bit slower, the money he makes goes much farther, and he's not required to do anything with his work that he doesn't want to. He gets to do work that makes him happy.

In short, the business model is perfect for Shaun. So that part of the discussion is not very useful.

Now, does anyone want to actually discuss some of the great aspects of what the product does well, and where it might be iterated in the future towards this new breed of web app that scales between browser and mobile with the same design philosophy?

--
Andrei Herasimchuk

Chief Design Officer, Involution Studios
innovating the digital world

e. and...@involutionstudios.com
c. +1 408 306 6422