It seems like what was a discussion about choice architecture that
reduced the liklihood of getting a discount in an online store
rapidly degenerated into an ethical soapbox (however worthy) about
gays in the military. I'm not sure we can extrapolate that far on
this list.

That aside, is - for example - the intentional hiding of a call
centre number in preference for email/online support a valid form of
dishonesty if the architect knows the call centre experience to be
inferior?

Likewise, some of the libertarian paternalism discussed by behavioral
economists could be considered unethical but these very real
architectural paeadigms have had scant discussion on these forums.

Discuss.

John

Posted from ixda.org (via iPhone)