I work for Schematic, an agency that has designed, built, and deployed
quite a few complex mobile apps and mobile sites.

Most notably, I helped design the Ovi Store for Nokia.  Needless to
say. that was quite a large and complex undertaking.  We delivered
detailed functional specifications for 4 different companion parts; a
mobile app for each of their S60 and S40 operating systems, a mobile
web site, and a desktop site.

And of course we've done some iPhone work as well.

www.schematic.com
Feel free contact me directly at dhamm (at) schematic (dot) com.

Good luck with your search!  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of
talent out here.

- Damon Hamm