If your machine is at all RAM-challenged, the cumulative crap that's being
loaded into web pages and web app interfaces is causing curses and crashes
for Firefox. I don't even want to think about IE or Safari, because I'm way
too dependent on my Firefox functional plug-ins (mainly Delicious bookmarks,
but also feedly), but I literally have 1-2 Firefox crashes a night when
working at home.

Of course, it would help if I upgraded my RAM on my home machine, but I'm
too cheap these days, and what does it say about us, if we are loading up
web pages with too much CUMULATIVE animations and swooshes and drag and
drops etc. and like such as?

It's not whether a SINGLE page with an app is doing this to me. It's the
fact that I've got multiple tabs and windows open, and if I've got GMAIL
open, plus have opened feedly once (so its little widget shows up as I
continue surfing), and somebody sends me a YouTube of Vimeo video to look at
quick (or say if I open Rachel Maddow's home page on MSNBC, with it's
big-ass video player), I am instantly headed for a Firefox crash.

I have to say, it is really getting on my last nerve, and if for me, imagine
what it is doing to regular, non-designer surfer people!

Chris