Andrei,

I have to disagree. Your point can be taken on the home page, but
what about every other page of the site? That's where I think it's
even more problematic. When you go to an interior page they carry the
same design through, and then the percentage of non-linked body copy
to other links is the other way around (90% non-linked), making it
much harder to find links. (and what about links within the stories
themselves? any cues there?)

>From a usability perspective, it seems to me that this is a huge
drawback. Even milliseconds spent figuring out where to click can
have a hugely detrimental affect on the usability (or even just the
perceived usability) of a web site. There are enough ways to balance
clean design while maintaining visual cues that this just seems like
the wrong answer.

As mentioned above though, it would be REALLY interesting to see some
user testing data of the site with and without visual cues in the
design.

Cheers,

Jason