On Aug 29, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Ali Naqvi <a...@amroha.dk> wrote:

With regards to iPhone I would say that many users are now complaining
about the phone.

I'm calling BS here. I'd like to see some real numbers on this rather than these claims of "many users are complaining" and "tons of my friends went back to Nokia".

What did the Iphone have apart from its touchscreen and "finger moving" interaction?

Pleasure. Seriously, it's the first phone that's actually a pleasure to use. Apple took the pain out of mobile phone use (and then introduced a few pains of their own).

I remember walking through Home Depot the first week I had my iPhone and a 20 something was trying to explain YouTube to a 60 something. I just pulled up YouTube on my iPhone and handed it to him. You should have seen that conversation evolve.

And the App store. Oh, sure you can claim that Nokia has an app store, but really, what kind of penetration does that have? Insignificant to almost non-existent. Seriously, if it's been out for several years and people still don't know about it outside of the Netherlands is it really a success?

If it fell to the ground it was done over with. My colleague accidentally dropped it to the ground and the phone was "dead".

I've seen several iPhones that have been dropped, screens shattered, and guess what... the touchscreen still works. Your friend must have run it over with a tractor. I've dropped mine dozens of times and it still works. Of course I didn't toss it off a 10 story building, but...

Cheers!

Todd Zaki Warfel
Principal Design Researcher
Messagefirst | Designing Information. Beautifully.
Contact Info
Voice:  (215) 825-7423
Email:  t...@messagefirst.com
AIM:    twar...@mac.com