I am not trying to be arrogant if that is how it comes across then I
am sorry.

I am sure most people here could write a whole book (and some
probably have) about why usability testing is good. So why is it so
bad that I can write one about what is bad?

If it works for you then great.

I have done a lot of UCD my myself and I just realized that what is
being tested is not something that have transcendence into the actual
design of the product/service in any way that it is valuable for the
customer.

Furthermore I have observed that those most avid defenders of UCD are
people with an academic background and not a design background.

Yes I am generalizing of course that is not always the case, but
there is something there that I think should be addressed. When
people defend the UCD process.

But this was not really about my points I also wanted other people to
give their principles.