PhillyCHI Meeting - Using Design to Solve Our Client’s Problems, Each Step of the Way - Wednesday, September 23

Please join us as the team from Happy Cog East talks design, business, and group hugs. All PhillyCHI events are free and open to the public.

Date: Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Time: 6:00PM - 8:00PM (Social time from 6:00-6:30PM)
Location: Steinberg Hall - Dietrich Hall, Room 1206
University of Pennsylvania
3620 Locust Walk Philadelphia, PA  19104
RSVP: philly...@gmail.com

About the Presentation
In a series of thought-provoking 10 minute presentations from different members of our team, we’ll share practical ideas that have arisen directly out of a few recent projects.

We’ll touch upon the relationship between user experience thinking and several of our standard project phases, outlined here: • Sales & Client Relations: Robert Jolly will explain how to quickly understand the client’s needs during the sales process, and identify possible approaches to solving business and design challenges. • Project Management: Dave DeRuchie will demonstrate how maintaining flexibility in web project management is the only way to manage the fluid nature of requirements. • Project Definition: Kevin Hoffman will talk about building kickoff meetings for maximum energy and information transfer. • Visual Design: Chris Cashdollar will explore what happens when you lead a project with visual thinking, and how that impacts the UX phase. • Development: Jenn Lukas will review the biggest uh-oh moments and often overlooked concepts out of information architecture and design that impact CMS planning, and Mark Huot will draw a straight line between critical decisions points during strategy, UX, design, and their impact on content management systems and back end implementation.

Whether you’re an independent, part of an internal team, or at an agency, this should be of use to anyone looking to close communication gaps in their process and answer the question “can’t we all just get along?” with a resounding “Yes!”

About Happy Cog
Founded by visionary Jeffrey Zeldman and staffed by creative superstars, Happy Cog delivers beautiful websites that never lose sight of the human being using them. From site structure to interface design, from branding to content development, Happy Cog’s people are the authorities. Visit us at www.happycog.com.

About PhillyCHI
PhillyCHI is the Philadelphia region’s chapter of the ACM SIGCHI, an interdisciplinary academic and professional group interested in Human- Computer Interaction, User Experience, Usability, and other related disciplines. PhillyCHI holds monthly meetings and socials to network and discuss current topics in HCI. Learn more at http://phillychi.acm.org/ .

Dave Cooksey
Founder & Principal
saturdave
information architecture, taxonomy, user research, usability

713 Pine Street 1R
Philadelphia, PA 19106

email: d...@saturdave.com
phone: +1.215.219.8960