Cash is the best attractor in my experience. I only find things like
gift certificates, etc work when you are testing on location
someplace and grabbing people and asking them to test for you on the
spot.

Apart from attracting people the other issue is whether they show up
or not. It's easy to shrug off £20 or £30 because you're busy at
work, tired, etc. It's more difficult to shrug off £50. In my
experience £50 is about right for a standard, easy to find user. For
the more specific and complex user, e.g. Petroleum engineer looking
for work in the North Sea, you will pay up to £100-£150 per user.

Hope that helps.
Brian