In the past we've given cards to Amazon, Starbucks, iTunes, etc. in
the amount of anything between 5 to 50 dollars depending on the time
commitment. Steven has a good point about high amounts being off-putting,
but I believe this is particularly true with field intercepts and blind
recruiting. When going through a firm with a registered network of available
participants, those folks usually expect higher compensation.
Kind regards,

Angel Anderson
Senior Interaction Designer
HUGE