I find inspiration from Brunel. Perhaps it's because I lived a long
time in Bristol, but Brunel was an engineer who also produced works
of beauty. The Clifton Suspension Bridge is probably his most famous
example. As beautiful as it is, it is hardly ever closed for repairs
unlike the more modern bridges in the area which is surprising that
it was opened in 1864. He also designed other great works such as
Temple Meads and Paddington railway stations (and the whole of the
Great Western Railway), the Menai Suspension Bridge, the SS Great
Britain, the Great Eastern, Maidenhead Railway Bridge.

I like the idea of being able to produce a classic design that is
used by many people every day for many decades.