From: discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com
[mailto:discuss-boun...@lists.interactiondesigners.com] On Behalf Of Paul
Mason
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 11:21 AM
To: disc...@ixda.org
Subject: [IxDA Discuss] Mobile web: problems with search interfaces

Hi All,

I am currently undertaking a research project which is to investigate the
problems with mobile web search interfaces (input, results, impatient users
etc.), and explore solutions to these issues.

The challenge obviously comes from small screen space of PDAs/Smartphones,
restricted text-input i.e. vague, ambiguous user queries and limited user
interactivity etc.

I was wondering if anyone on here could point me in the direction of any
research done on this topic or towards anything on the web that could help,
could even be a innovative design for PC web search interfaces that you
think could work in the constrained mobile web enviroment.

Thanks in advance.

Paul