Virtual scrollbar is a visual cue of how long the page is going to be.
It is one of the native visual language for most of the computer users
nowadays.

In my own experience, during the first half second when opening a new
page, I would quickly glance at the right side of the page for the
v-scrollbar, feel the loading speed of content and images, and then
subconsciously evaluate whether it's worth waiting for the page load
to finish, or rather switch to another browser tab to do something
else.

If the v-scrollbar "lies" and showing different length every time I
visit, it's annoying and confusing. Also I'd have this nervous
feeling of never being able to reach the bottom of the page.