Great summary . Thanks Tom for sharing. Steepster seems to have
figured out a way to avoid the predictable "final resting place" of
something between 4.-4.5 (4.3). I am passing the site on to our UX
Designers and the business owners within our company.  It's nice to
see something new/fresh.

Looks like this rate it topic could turn into a book for one of you
UX brainiacs :-). Given that it seems every social networking site
and e-com site seem to be moving in the direction of "rate it",
sure would be nice if we had some stats to back up it up. I wonder if
anyone has done a usability test to determine if users even like being
offered the chance to rate/rank.